Doctor insights on:
Help My Child Ate Some Ink
If a child writes on her hand will she get ink poisoning and vomit? Her hand is red and she's vomiting. She doesn't have fever or the poops.
No: No, she will not get ink poisoning. That's a bit of an "old wives' tale". That said, if she's irritated her hand, it may be a little red. I highly doubt the vomiting has anything to do with it, and is likely another issue. If that persists, i'd get her evaluated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My baby daughter put marker in her mouth and has ink in her mouth. Is there any marker ink that's toxic nowadays?
Missed the marker when you were baby-proofing the home, huh?
This time do a loving, complete job; I'm busy. (bet u don't forget). ...Read more
My 9-month-old ate a small piece of paper (printer paper with black ink) before I could catch her. Should I be concerned?
Not to worry: A small amount of paper with ink will likely not cause the least bit of harm. Have you baby proofed yet? :) ...Read more
I ate black ink pasta for supper and have been blowing my nose ever since. Am I allergic and should I be concerned given I am nursing?
No, an no: That's most probably a reaction to the spices, wish you and your baby wellness ...Read more
My toddler just pooped black almost muddy poop. My husband said it looks like she ate ink or dirt.
Black stools should:
B checked for blood. Take a specimen in for testing. Other things that cause dark stools are peptobismal, spinich, beets.
Risks for blood in stool are prolonged use of Advil (ibuprofen).Motrin, Aspirin or other similar drugs, history of gastritis or bleeding/clotting disorders. All the best. ...Read more
I've been vomiting black dots not even the size of an ink drop and there's not a lot it's mixed with stomach acid and mucus I ate a Kit Kat and had so?
Monitor: If I understood correctly, you ate the kit kat then vomited the black dots. Those are probably traces of food (in your case, kit kat). The question is why are you vomiting in the first place. I don't know your medical history so if the vomiting persists, check with your pcp or call 911 in case of an emergency. ...Read more
Unlikely: Some inks can cause a permanent mark which could be removed if it is on an obvious or embarrasing place. Many inks are water soluble and so the spot will fade. Infection is quite unlikey but be diligent and seek help if there is local redness or pain after a day or two. ...Read more
I'll bet you don't: If you are compulsively drinking fountain pen ink, more than an ounce at a time, you might get sick from it. You should get with somebody who can help you with this compulsion -- your personal physician has heard much stranger and won't think the less of you. If somebody told you to stop writing note to yourself on your hand, stop worrying, it won't make you sick. ...Read more
Possibly: Given your history you could be suffering from irritant or allergic contact dermatitis. Contact allergens may be found at home or in the workplace and may include metals, glues, plastics, rubber, fragrances, topical antibiotics, preservatives, and chemicals used in hair-care and cosmetic products. Suggest avoidance of pen ink on skin if possible. See Allergist for further workup. ...Read more
Need more info: You don't tell me what allergies you suffer from. Several tattoo inks can cause skin allergies that present themselves as redness, oozing and itching an can be quite severe. If you have a problem with a tattoo, see an allergist or dermatologist for proper evaluation and treatment. Sometimes the only effective treatment is removal. ...Read more
Probably not in U.S.: Most pen ink in the U.S. Is called non-toxic, because it is well known that kids put pens in their mouths. However, to be safe, one should buy pens marked non-toxic, or check the manufacturer's website. Better yet, don't put things into the mouth (except food/drink). ...Read more
Depends on how much I guess but why would you even eat ink except by accident. Now could it kill you....I guess anything can kill you in "Costco" or bulk amounts. No worries.
Connect with my Virtual Practice on Healthtap for any dental questions with my special keycode: DFWMCQ! Securely video or text chat by virtual appointment. Http://htap. Us/28qexs ...Read more
What type of: Reaction? Are you writing on yourself or did you spill ink on your skin? May wish to clarify but in meantime would avoiding writing on yourself. ...Read more
If you mean tetanus: Toxoid injection, it is good for 10 years. ...Read more
No: You get tetanus when a wound is infected by tetanus germs that make a toxin. Tetanus spores are widely distributed in nature, more often found in soil, but also in other areas. A pen ink would not carry tetanus spores, yet a wound created by a puncture wound (from a pen) could be contaminated from another source. ...Read more
I got stabbed with a pen, now there's a little bit of ink under my skin. How do I get it out of there?
Healing: You don't. Your body will take care of this over time. ...Read more
Your ink?????: I did not understand the question try again ...Read more
No: Migraine is a complicated problem and can be triggered by lots of things that include certain foods, wine, perfumes, stress, and sleep deprivation. However Sharpie Ink on your skin is very unlikely to be a problem. Seek medical evaluation for migraines; there are a lot of treatment and preventive options. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor online
- My child ate carmex
- What if my child ate too many vitamins?
- I accidentally ate some potatoes the night before my colonoscopy
- Child ate a sharpie marker
- Pepto bismol child ate
- Child ate too many omperazol
- My baby ate a xanax
- Ate my own semen
- My child swallowed ink from a pen