Doctor insights on:
Help Dilate Your Cervix
I'm contracting but my cervix isn't changing. How can I help my cervix dilate. I'm 39.5 weeks along. Only 1 CM but i continue to have contractions.
Braxton Hicks: The contractions(braxton hicks) that you are experiencing are the warm up for the concert that will soon begin. When actual progressive labor begins, your cervix will dilate an there is nothing that you can do to alter those events. 'if the apple is ripe, it will fall off the tree'. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Being Pregnant: Nope. Not at all.Get a more detailed answer ›
Medications, bulbs.: Cervical ripening is generally done with mechanical means (e.g. Catheters with inflatable bulbs/balloons at their end), or with laminaria (for midtrimester pregnancy terminations), or with medications (cervidil, Cytotec etc). Oxytocin infusion can also help dilate the cervix to trigger labor. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Very slightly: There are very small changes in the size of the opening of the cervix during the menstrual cycle. This small amount of dilation at the time of ovulation when the cervix is slightly more open, is much less "dilation" than occurs in labor (up to 10 cm). ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Ways to help dilate your cervix
- Things to help your cervix dilate
- Causes of cervix dilation
- Help cervix dilate faster
- How to help dilate cervix?
- Ways to help thin your cervix
- Exercises to help dilate the cervix
- Does massaging your breasts help them grow?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free