Doctor insights on:
Can I still grow in height at the age of 20 if I start doing stretching exercises? I am 5'6 at the moment
Unlikely: Growth does not depend on stretching, but depends on the growth plates at the ends of the long bones. If the growth plates are fused, no appreciable further growth will occur. If the growth plates have not fused, further growth is possible. Growth plates usually fuse (depending on the bone) at age 15-18. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: We all lose 2 iches with age as our disc collapse there is no height loss with disc removal you would notice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
You can't: Unfortunately there is not a lot you can do to affect height as this is predominantly in the genes you receive from your parents. The best thing you can do is eat a healthy diet in your youth so that you have the proper nutrients to grow. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: It depends on other health factors (such as why your baby was early). Some babies have catch up growth and some don't. You won't really know until he is older. For now, your doctor will follow his growth pattern which is really what is important now. ...Read more
Average: 68", 128lbs. But normal variation is quite wide. If you have questions see your Physician who knows your son, his parents, and his growth history. Don't get hung up on numbers. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- HealthTap gives you access to top U.S. certified doctors
- Our doctors are checked, verified and board certified
- Get personalized help and answers directly from the doctor
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Armspan predicts height
- Does masturbation decrease or increase height growth?
- When do girls stop growing in height
- Till what age do boys grow in height
- How to increase height after 20 years?
- When do men typically stop growing in height
- Till what age height increases for boys
- How to stop growing height?
- Can human height decrease?