Doctor insights on:
Heavy Period After Thyroidectomy
I had a total thyroidectomy in February. I have not had my period since last December, when I started having thyroid issues. ?
No period since June 2014/ total thyroidectomy for NMG 1/2015 .Sweating under armpits, warmer, yeast infections. 49yrs. Is this menopausal or thyroid?
Had thyroidectomy on 2/28. Started 125 mcg of levothyroxin. Can't have bloodwork yet how will i feel if dose is wrong? Can it affect my periods?
Had total thyroidectomy 2 months ago for thyroid cancer. Is it ok to have a hysterectomy this soon after? Flooding periods unbearable for last 2 yrs.
Sure: If you overall health permits it, i'm aware of no contraindication. ...Read more
Don't know if you : Use pads &/or tampons. If you use both - they can both be used together. Have you tried using maxi pads. If you bleed excessively see your physician. ...Read more
Well?: Heavy is subjective. Are you anemic? You can bleed heavily without clots, it's not unusual but not normal to bleed heavily. Don't let yourself get anemic. It is unlikely an issue with coagulation. ...Read more
No not normal: Please see your obgyn for an evaluation and work-up. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Heavy period post thyroidectomy
- No period after total thyroidectomy
- Heavy discharge after period
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Heavy period after breastfeeding
- Heavy period after abortion
- Heavy brown discharge after period
- Heavy period after endometrial ablation
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free