Doctor insights on:
Heat Exhaustion Vs Stroke Which Has Blotchy Skin
Temp of 104: Heatstroke is the 3rd stage of worsening heat-related conditions. As your body overheats, you first may develop heat cramps. If you don't cool down, you may progress to heat exhaustion, marked by heavy sweating, nausea, lightheadedness and feeling faint. Heatstroke occurs if body temperature continues to rise to 104. At this point, emergency treatment is needed. The skin is flushed red. ...Read more
Heat exhaustion is one of the conditions along the spectrum of heat illness. It occurs when the body's core body temperature exceeds 98.6 degrees f, which presents in symptoms such as excessive sweating and fatigue. If left unchecked it can lead to heat stroke, which ...Read more
Heat stroke: Heat stroke is the medical term for the condition that follows and is more severe than heat exhaustion. Generally the temperature is 104 degrees or more in heat stroke. Untreated heat exhaustion may progress to heat stroke. Untreated heat stroke may progress to death. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Heat stroke: Severity.Get a more detailed answer ›
Heat stroke is a ...: Medical emergency characterized by a core body temp.> 105 degrees. If u suspect someone of having heat stroke call 911. Try to move the person to an air- conditioned area or at least the shade . Ice packs or cooling in cold / water is best while waiting for help.A person suffering from heat stroke may be unconscious and is @ risk for brain injury and organ failure... ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Heat exhaustion vs sun stroke which is worse
- Why has my skin become blotchy since becoming pregnant?
- First aid for heat exhaustion and heat stroke
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the symptoms of heat stroke and heat exhaustion?
- Difference between heat stroke and heat exhaustion
- How to treat someone for heat exhaustion or stroke?
- Symptoms of heat stroke exhaustion
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free