Doctor insights on:
Heart Valve Tendons Called
A valve is a structure that regulates the direction of flow. The heart is a special kind of pump. It moves blood by squeezing and relaxing. There are 4 chambers and each chamber has a valve. This keeps blood from moving backwards when the heart squeezes. When a chamber squeezes it lets the blood move forward but when the chamber is relaxed it prevents the blood from ...Read more
Chordau tendiniae: The "fibers" are called "chordae" and are similar in function to parachute chords. They prevent the valve leaflets to prolapse (tricuspid and mitral), holding them back just like a parachute chord prevents the parachute from flipping up. If these chords break, the valve will leak. Surgical fixes include annuloplasty (narrowing the valve ring), repairing the chordae, and valve replacement. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is inflammation of a heart valve called?
- What is surgical repair of a heart valve called?
- Inflammation heart valve called
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What could the narrowing of a heart valve be called?
- How long can a person live with a leaky heart valve my mom has one?
- What is sticky heart valve?
- What is the significance of a sticky heart valve?
- Talk to a cardiologist online