Doctor insights on:
Heart Problems (Definition)
Heart problems are clinical conditions or findings that are related to the heart and include arrhythmias, heart failure, heart valve diseases, and diseases of the heart vessels including heart attacks.
Not necessarily: Fluttering in the chest, depending on one's sensitivity, may reflect some irregularity in the heart rhythm. Those may be normal for any given person, but indeed may be a harbinger of something more serious. Discussing this with your doctor will allow your doctor to get some tests (ecg, holter or event monitor, possibly an echocardiogram and/or stress test, and blood work) to sort this out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My grandmother was on a vent after weakening from congestive heart failure..Why treat breathing if heart problem?
Resting the heart: Breathing involves a lot energy and muscle work; if your heart is not strong enough to perform the work that is involved in breathing then you try to rest the heart by having a machine breathe for you. ...Read more
I am trying to figure out if I have a serious maybe fatal if not treated heart problem? Hello, I am 19 years of age. I have been having these heart pains for awhile and remember having my first one at 9 years old. I was alone though and just cried. They o
The : The most important thing you left out in your post is if you have seen a doctor for this problem. If not you must do so immediately. Chest pain in any age group is worrisome. You could be dealing with something such as asthma or more seriously a heart condition. Regardless you need a complete history, physical, ekg, and cxr. I hope you find answers soon. ...Read more
EECP: EECP is a treatment which can be tried in patients with coronary artery disease which is unresponsive to the more effective treatments like medication and bypass/angioplasty. There is some evidence it may help some patients with congestive heart failure but again there are more effective treatments so it isn't something one goes to early in treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get a tattoo if you have heart problems?
- Can irregular heart beats be caused by gastric problems?
- I have bulging veins in my hands does that mean that i have a heart problem
- Breathing problems after open heart surgery
- Can heart problems cause vision problems?
- I have a sharp pain in my armpit could this be due to a heart problem
- Can a heart problem cause double vision?
- Can i take tylenol instead of aspirin to prevent heart problems?
- Talk to a cardiologist online for free