Doctor insights on:
Rhythm problem: Palpitations or fluttering sensations in the chest most commonly mean that the heart is actually beating irregular with some early beats and some pauses. This can occur at any time of day but not uncommonly, the patient is more likely to notice the sensations at night when lying still or on the left side. Also, in some cases the skipping is more likely to occur when the pulse is slower(lying down). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Heart flutter: This is usually manifested by a sensation of a skipped heart beat. We generally cannot feel our heart beat. If you do have a sensation of a skipped heart beat or palpitation, see your primary care physician for an initial evaluation and if appropriate, he/she can refer you to a cardiologist for further evaluation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many reasons: Many times the heart skips or beats irregularly in people who are otherwise normal. So most of the time we don't know. There are certain types of heart rhythm problems which are associated with actual abnormalities and disease in the heart. Examples are thyroid problems, anemia, heart muschle problems, and valve problems. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cause heart flutter arm numbness
- Why could your heart flutter when you yawn?
- My heart flutters when i lay down
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Could hormonal imbalance and periods cause heart flutter
- Why does the heart flutter at rest only?
- Can decaf coffee make your heart flutter?
- Hiatal hernia cause heart fluttering
- Talk to a cardiologist online