Doctor insights on:
Heart Attack First Aid Kit
Whats the fastest first aid that can be provided when you suspect a person is having a heart attack?
Call 911: There is no home treatment for a heart attack. Emergency hospital care is critical for survival and recovery. Prior to paramedic arrival an Aspirin can be chewed and swallowed. If the person has had heart problems and has Nitroglycerin they can use it as directed until the paramedics arrive. The 911 operator may give more specific instructions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How come people use epinephrine for heart attacks, and not norepinephrine? And would one or both be useful for a first aid kit?
First aid for tachycardia (high heart rate) all of the sudden. What are the first steps to calm it down. Presume no past condition is known. ?
Understandable: Keep someone close to you and follow your discharge instructions to the letter. Make sure you take your Aspirin and beta blockers and maybe a statin if prescribed every day. Have fresh nitro tablets or spray with you. You will do great. Now start working on reducing those risk factors that you can modify. Weight, bp, cholesterol, smoking.... ...Read more
Wondering about myocarditis. In hospital 3 weeks ago, presented first as heart attack, after no damage found told is myo. Home to rest and off work. Still symptoms. How long? And can I make it worse?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the first aid for heart attack?
- First aid providers give aspirin heart attack
- Make homemade first aid kit
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best pocket knife for a medical first aid kit?
- What is the first sign of a heart attack?
- What are the symptoms of a first heart attack?
- Average age of first heart attack
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free