Doctor insights on:
Hearing Your Baby Cry Inside The Womb
Crying in infancy is described as a loud, high-pitched sound made by infants in response to certain situations. Infants have a cry reflex that is a normal response to some stimuli, such as pain or hunger. Older children and adults cry for emotional reasons such as pain, fear, sadness, or frustration. Premature infants may not have a cry reflex, so they must be monitored closely for signs ...Read more
No: The baby is well insulated from the outside world and little effected by short term effects like crying. However if the mother is so upset that she is not taking care of herself, for instance not eating properly or getting rest, that can certainly affect the baby. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is there such thing as hearing your baby's bones cracking in the womb? I've been hearing a cracking noise every now and then when my baby moves?
20 weeks : Around 20 weeks is when the baby is big enough and most women will begin to feel the movements of the fetus. ...Read more
See below: Different studies have revealed different results and additionally all babies don't develop the same. The ears form around 3-4 months of gestation. The average time for babies to respond to external sounds is 5-6 months of gestation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you hear your baby cry in your womb?
- Can having a bad cough harm a baby inside the womb?
- Why do babies cry in the womb?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Babies hearing in the womb
- What does a baby kicking inside the womb feel like?
- How to make your baby smart in the womb?
- How does a baby breathe inside the womb?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free