Doctor insights on:
Hearing The Heartbeat
Premature beats, PVC: You could be having premature beats, mostly pvcs or pacs. From heart the blood runs to the brain through the neck and many people having pvcs they might feel palpitations in their necks and the ears. Might need to wear a holter monitor to assess it further. Best of luck. ...Read more
Can't predict: Hearing a heartbeat means the fetus is alive when the heartbeat is heard. This does not necessarily mean that the risk of a miscarriage is significantly decreased. On the other hand if a heart beat isn't present then miscarriage becomes much more possible or probable. Not sure what the actual miscarriage rate is. ...Read more
High blood pressure: Normally one doesn't hear their own heartbeat. However sound travels in the direction of (blood) flow & the only way it gets amplified is if there is more. That happens frequently (but not most of the time) with high blood pressure, or hypertension (also known as the silent killer, but perhaps u r lucky it's not silent in your case). See a doctor, get your blood pressure checked during an episode. ...Read more
I've been hearing my heartbeat in my head (sounds like a clicking or popping that goes with the rhythm of my heart). Should I be concerned?
Pulsatile tinnitis: What you are probabaly experiencing is an increase in blood flow of the vessels around the ear that can occur during exercise or anemia. It can also occur when the vessels narrow or harden near the ear and the surrounding blood flow is turbulent. At your age, and because it occured afer exercise, the cause is likely benign. However, there are serious causes associated with this so see your doctor! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you feel the baby heartbeat in your neck?
- Chances of miscarriage after hearing heartbeat on doppler
- Impairment of hearing due to the aging process
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Most hearing loss is a result of damage to the
- Chances of miscarriage after hearing heartbeat
- Risk of miscarriage after hearing heartbeat on doppler
- Is it possible to not see the heartbeat endovaginally at 7 weeks?
- Chance of miscarriage at 12 weeks after hearing the heartbeat