Doctor insights on:
Hashimotos Disease Deadly
What are the risks associated with hashimoto's thyroiditis? Any really bad or deadly complications to watch for?
Do not worry: Hashimoto's is a very common disorder that also shows up in other autoimmune dosorders that are quite scary. What ever you have read, do not sleep over it, the odds of those other things happening to you remains very slim. Follow your drs instructions and you will be fine. ...Read more
Hashimoto's disease: Hashimoto's disease is an autoimmune condition in which your body makes antibiodies against your thyroid gland. This often produces inflammation, sometimes tenderness, and an overactive gland initially, but eventually the chronic inflammation leads to thyroid failure and the need to take thyroid hormone. ...Read more
Research: I can get you started. Most folks have the signs and symptoms of anyone with hyperthyroidism at the beginning. At some point these folks usually develope hypothyroidism and the signs and sympotms of that. Research the signs and symptoms of both hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. Hope that helps. ...Read more
Thyroid: I will try to be non-technical. Hashimotos is a type of thyroid condtition where the thryoid builds up anti-bodies and sort of attacks itself. Usually it starts out with the thyroid being very overactive. Tests are usually done to prove or disprove this and tumor. If this is the case, a thyroid blocker is used to reduce the production of thyroid hormone. Low thyroid usually follows later..... ...Read more
Direct and indirect: Hashimoto's disease is a common cause of underactive thyroid. Complications would include the often experienced symptoms & signs, such as low body temperature, weight gain or inability to lose weight, dry brittle nails and hair, constipation, depression, elevated lipids, fatigue, and lethargy. Since Hashimoto's is an auto-immune disorder, other auto-immune conditions may co-exist in same patient. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a relationship between lichen planus and hashimotos disease?
- Can you collect disability for autoimmune disease hashimoto s?
- How to relieve constipation problems due to hashimotos disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do you have a low wbc with hashimotos disease?
- Hashimotos and parathyroid disease
- Dangers of taking diet pills with hashimotos disease
- Does hashimotos disease cause insomnia?
- Abdominal bloating and hashimotos disease