Doctor insights on:
Has There Been A Resurgence Of Smallpox
Because most: diseases have non-human reservoirs. Rinderpest (cattle) has also been eradicated. ...Read more
Two forms of smallpo: Historically there have been two forms of the disease. Variola major was the main form of the disease that caused all sorts of medical problems. Variola minor was much less common, much less severe, and only about 1% of all smallpox infections. There hasn't been a smallpox infection in the world since 1978, so you are unlikely to see either of these viruses. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Agree with Dr.Raff: It won't come back naturally as it has been eradicated. The American public has not received routine smallpox vaccinations since 1972. All natural sources of smallpox have been eradicated. According to the CDC, “The U.S. government has enough vaccine to vaccinate every person in the United States in the event of a smallpox emergency.” This is part of Emergency Prepared & Response. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i heal a cut that has been there for a while on my foot air it out?
- Is there a chance of getting a diabetes if one of my parents has one?
- How do i take care of a boil after it has popped and left behind a small hole?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a way to get rid of glasses marks on my nose?
- My 9 year old has been complaining of pain on the middle of her chest
- My left arm has been numb for a few weeks now what could it mean
- My beard has become grey is there a way to reverse it
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online