Doctor insights on:
Harpic Toilet Cleaner Poisoning
Why not just use toothpaste? Toilet bowl cleaner is not formulated for use in your mouth... I'm sure you understand that.
It contains hydrochloric acid (10%) as the active ingredient, along with butyl oleylamine and others in an aqueous solution. ...Read more
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze. . . are all ...Read more
I drank harpic toilet cleaner and now I am feeling the heat in my neck and stomach but it was very minimal amount still my tooth seems trashed so if y?
Sometimes, a patient's behavior may become out of control and the temporary use of seclusion or restraints is necessary. These interventions help reduce a patient's excessive agitation, prevent potential harm to the patient and others.
Rec.: see your PCP for a professional referral.
Take care. ...Read more
I beleive I have damaged my lungs by breathing in some cleaning chemicals. What can I do about this horrible coughing fit? I was clleaning my toilet and mixed some bleach with toilet bowl cleaner in the bowl and went to wipe it out and inhaled the fume
I really wish I had seen your question earlier, so that I could have responded to it immediately. It sounds like you did damage your lungs. I do not know if the damage is temporary. Mixing bleach with some toilet bowl cleaners can produce chlorine gas. To get an idea of how dangerous chlorine is, it has been used as a chemical warfare agent. Bleach mixed with ammonia is especially dangerous because it can create monochloramine or dichloramine (chloramine gases). You wonâ€™t see the gases in the air and you might not smell them because of the aroma of the chemicals you are using.
It is usually unwise to mix cleaning chemicals because there could be chemical reactions that releases toxic gases. Anytime you are cleaning a toilet with a chemical product that can be toxic (yes that includes most cleaning products), the windows should be open and the fans should be on. If you come into contact with gases that cause you to cough or experience burning, get fresh air as quickly as possible. Depending on how severely you are impacted, do not hesitate to call 911. I do recommend that you be seen at your emergency room, especially if you have lingering symptoms. ...Read more
How can I rupture my own appendix? I have tried tightening my seat belt really tight around my right side, and I am feeling slight pain in my stomach, I have also drunken a little bit of toilet bowl cleaner that had bleach in it. I really want to be in th
It: It is very important that you call 911 immediately. Please give the 911 operator the same information you have just given us. I do not know your age. If you are a teen or kid, tell your parents immediately about drinking the toilet water with bleach and the fact that do not want to have to stab yourself. Remove the belt immediately, do not drink any more toilet water. Do not go near anythihg that is sharp. Do not go near any medications. It is imperative that you call 911 now. ...Read more
I ate pineapples from a friend's house. But later found that they keep it near toilet cleaners (harpic).Should I be worried?
No: You're almost a grown man. This fear is totally unfounded. Things like this that happen in the course of daily simply simply don't result in infections, cancer, or whatever it was that you are afraid of. Do yourself a favor and simply stop reading internet "scare" junk websites. These people pretend to be knowledgeable and concerned for your health. They are actually crooks. Be discerning. ...Read more
Hi Dr, I was brushing toilet with harpic cleaner and a drop goes into my eye. I wash my eye with water. At that time, my eye became red. But after few?
Is window cleaner with ammonia toxic? My house smells of it after I cleaned lamp with it, read on internet how ammonia can cause poisoning and death?
Stop worrying: Your body actually makes ammonia. The stink is annoying but harmless. The concentrated liquid can make you sick or damage your skin / eyes. Stop reading scare stuff. Best wishes. ...Read more
Probably no harm: Even though Harpic contains hydrochloric acid, probably no harm will come from such a small exposure, especially if you quickly rinsed with tapwater. But if you have eye pain or redness that lasts more than a few hours, see a doctor to be safe. ...Read more
Cleaned toilet with bleach and harpic. There was a very strong odour. My throat is soar, on deep inspiration coughing occurs. Rx? Long term effects?
Harpic, I learned,: Is not available in the US, but is widely sold in Europe and around the world. It is principally hydrochloric acid, a highly corrosive acid. Precautions including gloves, goggles, mask are advised. Fumes can cause respiratory tissue irritation. If not worsening and no bleeding/feeling short of breath, ok to observe. Should clear without long term affects. Call poison control or Doc with questions ...Read more
My face in left side show in harpic joster mark. In mark is a long time to 10. 12 year So advice give me in this is clean to any madicin Tall?
Please see a doctor: Chemical burns are usually serious and they need immediate evaluation. ...Read more
Hi could I have food poisoning I've been on toilet for two hours Everytime I think I'm ok I'm back on?
Possible: This could be 1 explanation for what is happening. The important management is fluid control with extra fluids to replace losses. If there is blood in your stool or if you have increasing pain or if you cannot keep up with your fluids; be seen and have your stool analyzed including a culture. All the best. ...Read more
Food poisoning may be due to chemicals, biological toxins, and live mico-organisms. The common symptoms are nausea, vomiting diarrhoea but there are many variations. See this site for more info.
http://www. Webmd. Com/food-recipes/food-poisoning/understanding-food-poisoning-symptoms. ...Read more
Many possibilities.: Lead was used as an additive to paints used in home building years ago & the inhalation of paint dust during renovations, or kids chewing on cribs painted with lead paint provided some. Exposure to clothes of someone working in around lead (battery reclamation) or that from lead paint on decorative dishes were also common. Removal of lead from many of these products has reduced public risk. ...Read more
Lead in environment: Sources of lead include old paint (babies chewing on windowsills); soil near a highway; pottery with lead based glaze (usually imported); and some toys have been found to have lead based paint (again- imported. Lead based paint is no longer used in the US. ...Read more
Not a matter for:
Self treatment. Lead poisoning may require chelation therapy, please consult your doctor. For more information on prevention, symptoms etc see this site.
http://www. Nlm. Nih. Gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002473.htm. ...Read more
Toxicologists: Physicians with specialty training in dealing with poisonings are toxicologists. However many physicians, internists, ER docs, pediatricians, family practice, are quite comfortable dealing with many of these issues also. ...Read more
Awful!: ~ 20 minutes after a toxic dose, the body's muscles begin to twitch and spasm, leading to nearly continuous convulsions and then increased body temperature and muscle breakdown. People die after 2-3 hours from eventual paralysis of breathing or exhaustion from continuous convulsions. ...Read more
See a specialist: The first thing to do is to make sure that you find the source of the lead so that you can stop the exposure. Next you need to see a doctor that knows how to treat this kind of condition. It may just take watchful waiting or you may need to go through a treatment called chelation. ...Read more
Lead is an environmental toxin and measurements of high levels in the bloodstream require treatment. Avoiding the source of lead, having your home and water supply inspected for possibly sources may be completed by the health department.
Please check with your doctor for treatment recommendations based on the level in your bloodstream. I hope this helps. ...Read more
Gluten: In all practical terms, there is no such thing as Gordon poisoning. In the rear patients who have true celiac disease, it is vital to avoid all gluten because of reactions to it. In people who feel that they have intolerance to gluten, there are very in degrees as to how aggressively they need to avoid them. They are not poisoned by them, however. Hope this helps. ...Read more
It depends.: This depends on what you mean by poisoning. If you mean renal failure, this has symptoms like high BUN and creatinine (azotemia), hematuria, proteinuria, and dehydration or edema depending on the type of renal failure. If prerenal (beforethe kidney), bun/cr ratio is >20:1, renal <10-15:1, and postrenal has a high BUN of 150 if advanced. Causes like sle, strep., etc. Have unique signs (eg c3c). ...Read more
Industry: Known exposures are usually in industry, and depending where you are, industrial medicine / hygiene may be imperfect and allow unfortunate things to happen. Lead from paint / plumbing in old homes is serious. Arsenic and less often thallium are homicidal poisons; I've run into both. There are crooked labs that will overdiagnose heavy metal poisoning. Good luck sorting it out. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Harpic toilet cleaner poisoning treatment
- Harpic toilet cleaner allergic
- Harpic toilet cleaner allergic reaction
- If harpic toilet cleaner go in eye
- I drink harpic toilet cleaner what will happen
- Inhaling toilet bowl cleaner
- Harpic toilet cleaning solution poison treatment
- Harpic and bleach inhale
- Swallowed harpic toilet cleaner