Doctor insights on:
Hard Lumpy Breasts
Many things: Any abnormalities in the breast should be examined by a breast surgeon. A thorough breast history should also be given. Fibrocystic breasts are a condition that is very common and could be the source of your issues. It is best to be evaluated by someone experienced in breast diseases. ...Read more
Is it normal to have really lumpy breasts 1 or 2 weeks before a period? These lumps feel a tiny bit hard and I can't tell if it's just normal or not
Few days: If you are breast feeding and you have experienced lumpy tender breast/breasts as you are learning to breast feed, you may have mild engorgement. If you have pain and fever call your OB about need for medication. If no fever, try pumping breasts for 3-5 minutes before breast feeding to get milk flowing and unclog ducts. Usually 2 or 3 days of this before feeds will resolve problem. ...Read more
Tumors, Cysts, etc.: The breast by its very nature is "lumpy-bumpy", often making it difficult to distinguish lumps that count from normal breat tissue. Lumps "that count" (dominant masses) tend to be distinct from normal breast tissue. They may be fluid-filled (cysts) or solid (tumors)--this can be differentiated by ultrasound. Tumors may be benign or malignant--this can be differentiated by biopsy. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a woman get breast cancer if you squeeze her breasts really hard?
- Hard lump after breast biopsy
- When i squeeze hard on my breast fluid come out
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does breast lumpiness associated with breast abscess last?
- Lumpy breasts
- Do breast get hard during pregnancy?
- Hard pea sized lump breast
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online