Doctor insights on:
Half Of Face Swollen
Half of my face is swollen and its hard to drink fluids with or without a straw i drool no matter what ?
Sounds serious. : The symptoms you describe are serious and could be associated with a deep space neck infection. This can begin from a bad tooth, and requires immediate medical attention. Call your physicians office or go to an emergency room right away. ...Read more
It can be: If you have swelling, if could lead to a numbing feeling or tooth. The accumulation of fluids and inflammation can produce pressure on tissues and nerves. This pressure will cause loss of feeling in teeth, lips, face, etc. If pressure is too hard or persists too long, it can cause permanent damage and numbness. See your dentist soon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Should not be: There is no reason to be swollen, check with your dentist as you may have an infection. If it is not dental related you need to get to an md for evaluation. Outside of infection there is no reason for swelling on an entire half of face. Gums might be irritated and swollen for a week or so but not a half of your face. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Angioneurotic Edema?: I assume that there is no trauma or injury? Is he having any trouble breathing. I rec you get to an er as soon as possible. He may develop breathing problems from obstruction due to swelling. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Left side of face swollen causes
- Why is the left side of my face swollen?
- Right side of face swollen causes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is the right side of my face swollen?
- Side of face swollen by ear
- Causes of itchy swollen sides of face
- Swollen left side of face
- Why is half of my face swollen?