Doctor insights on:
Guinea Pig Pain When Defecating
That's true: Yes, there are risks with experimentation.Get a more detailed answer ›
I fell 2 weeks ago.I fell into a metal Guinea pig cage.The metal bar broke-through my cotton pants & broke my skin.Tetnusshot4-5yrs ago.do i neednew1?
My grandson has guinea pig and has the cage in his bedroom where he sleeps. Is there any health risks involved by having the cage in the room?
Pets and Disease: Nope. As long as he is healthy there is nothing to worry about. ...Read more
If you ask, then yes: People may be allergic either to their dander (not hair) and/or urine (which is common), or to their bedding itself, or something else. If the history does not make clear which this is, an allergist can do skin testing, and also advise you whether there are ways in which you can keep a beloved companion animal despite an allergy. Good luck. ...Read more
Yes: Guinea pigs are part of the rodent family and they can all produce similar symptoms. ...Read more
Possibly: If it is truly the guinea pig that you are allergic to, you can consider doing allergy injections to decrease your symptoms. I usually don't do this in my practice, since it would be much simpler to consider another pet. Remember that you may also have symptoms with the wood shavings in the cage or other allergens. Talk with an allergist to find out more. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Pain under right shoulder blade when taking a deep breath
- Why do i bite my tongue when im a sleep and the pain wakes me up?
- Abdominal pain when coughing or sneezing
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pain in throat when yawning
- Sharp pain in chest when yawning
- Belly button pain when urinating
- Pain in belly button when touched
- Pain when defecating passing stool