Doctor insights on:
Guinea Pig Bloated Stomach
That's true: Yes, there are risks with experimentation.Get a more detailed answer ›
I fell 2 weeks ago.I fell into a metal Guinea pig cage.The metal bar broke-through my cotton pants & broke my skin.Tetnusshot4-5yrs ago.do i neednew1?
My grandson has guinea pig and has the cage in his bedroom where he sleeps. Is there any health risks involved by having the cage in the room?
Pets and Disease: Nope. As long as he is healthy there is nothing to worry about. ...Read more
If you ask, then yes: People may be allergic either to their dander (not hair) and/or urine (which is common), or to their bedding itself, or something else. If the history does not make clear which this is, an allergist can do skin testing, and also advise you whether there are ways in which you can keep a beloved companion animal despite an allergy. Good luck. ...Read more
Yes: Guinea pigs are part of the rodent family and they can all produce similar symptoms. ...Read more
Possibly: If it is truly the guinea pig that you are allergic to, you can consider doing allergy injections to decrease your symptoms. I usually don't do this in my practice, since it would be much simpler to consider another pet. Remember that you may also have symptoms with the wood shavings in the cage or other allergens. Talk with an allergist to find out more. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does my stomach feel bloated and hard?
- Why does my stomach feel tight and bloated?
- Stomach feels hard and bloated from ribcage down
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is my stomach still bloated and pudgy six months after c-section?
- Bloated stomach after period
- Bloated stomach above belly button
- How long does a bloated stomach last?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online