Doctor insights on:
I've been having a cough for two weeks now. I was taking Robitussin but discontinued its use after a week. What should I do now?
Cause: This depends upon the cause of the cough. If due to a cold (viral infection) or mycoplasma infection it will eventually go away, but not until all the damaged tissues have healed. This will be much prolonged if you are a smoker. It can be treated symptomatically by several otc preparations, but they should contain dextromethorphan (dm) for effectiveness. ...Read more
Is it okay to use Robitussin for 2 month old? He has been coughing Alot more now and its been worsening over the week
Generally, yes: Most otc cough and cold meds contain cough suppressants and antihistamines. You need to avoid decongestants that have amphetamine-like agents in them. The preps that have "-d" after the name are the ones to particularly avoid since those agents may aggravate your arrhythmia. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you use lamisil on penis?
- What is the use of medofed?
- Can 5 year old use visine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i use alrex for pink eye?
- What is epaderm use for?
- Sodium sulfacetamide uses
- Can use inhaler with musinex?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free