Doctor insights on:
Growing Fetus In The Womb
14 week surgical Abortion vs miscarriage. Does the womb look the same a day later or will a doctor be able to tell it was an abortion if he scanned me?
Experienced Dr Knows: Surgical abortion (or miscarriage) has stretching of the the cervix, the lowest part of the uterus, to remove the fetus. That stretching leaves bruising, tiny (less than 1/8" long) tears, bleeding, and even clots or tissue. An OB/GYN will definitely know SOMETHING went on with your cervix. If you are trying to hide your abortion from your doctor, ask yourself why. Your doctor needs to know. ...Read more
Yes, low birth weigh: Medical studies have shown repeatedly that expectant mothers who have untreated gum disease give birth to lower weight babies. Obviously, something about the gum disease causes that, but it is not known specifically. If your obstetrician oks it, go ahead and get your gum disease treated and help your fetus (baby)! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
To measure the head size of the fetus in the womb, which medical imaging will the physician use and why?
In general: Fortunately for the fate of humanity fetuses are quite well protected inside the uterus. Otherwise the human race would never have survived. There are many infections that can cause problems during pregnancy. The specific risks of each would need to be assessed separately ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Carefully: However it wants.carefullyGet a more detailed answer ›
If a fetus dies in the womb would you know it? Can it stay in there w no action or will your body know something is wrong and expell it?
Can be done: Depends on what the abnormality is, but it can and is being done ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can mucinex thin the mucus in my womb and thus endanger the fetus?
- Does the fetus sleep in the womb?
- Do fetuses poop in the womb?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does a fetus develop in the womb?
- Signs of down syndrome in the womb
- Do down syndrome babies move less in the womb?
- Does saffron with milk really increase the complexion of the baby in the womb?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free