Doctor insights on:
Gout In Toes Why Do They Turn Blue
I've had this burning pain near my big toe for the past 3 days. Can a gout attack appear out of the blue in men under 50 who are otherwise healthy?
Go to hospital now: I'm not convinced that gout has anything to do w/toes turning black. But if you have any pain at all in your toes, go to hospital now for an evaluation. I'd be worried about some ischemic issues leading to gangrene of some sort. Bottom line, body parts typically don't turn color as described unless blood flow is compromised. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many possibilites: Cause of pain may include tight shoes, gout, sprain, bursitis, fracture, contusion, neuritis, but of course there are a multitude of other possibilities. Things that may help minimize your pain include: wearing shoes with a wider toe box, padding or strapping, oral nsaids. Get the feet inspected by a professional to determine the cause of the problem, as treatment varies depending on the diagnosis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do my toes turn blue?
- Why do fingers turn blue?
- Why do toes turn black?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do my lips turn blue?
- Why do your lips turn blue?
- Why do my hands turn blue?
- Why do my fingers turn blue?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free