Doctor insights on:
Got Ankle Fracture In Pedicab Accident Where Can I Go For Care In S Asia
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Xrays: The most telling way is to obtain ankle x-rays to visualize the fracture or lack thereof. Sometimes, if there remains suspicion in the presence of 'negative' films or if a stress fracture is suspected, specialized exams may be ordered to see if a fracture exists. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Varies by severity: Some ankle fractures are stable and can be treated in a boot or brace (usually when just the fibula bone is broken and the ligaments are minimally injured). Unstable fractures (both bones broken, or one bone with severe ligament injury) will require surgery for best outcomes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Likely not: Bone healing takes 6-8 weeks.Get a more detailed answer ›
Is it broken or fractured is a question I am often asked. The answer is basically that a broken or fractured bone is the same thing. A fracture means a break in the cortex or the strong layer of outer bone cells. In an adult the average time for that to heal varies greatly but is often considered to ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Can i refrigerate doxycycline to make it last while in s asia?
- Where can i go to see if im pregnant
- Where can i go to get tested for stds
- Where can i get a boot for an ankle springfield
- Can i go to work as health care assistant?
- Where can i go to get my belly button pierced
- Where can i go to get a free pregnancy test
- What can i do for my compression fracture without going to a doctor?
- I think i might have broken my ankle or foot where can i go for cheapest xray