Doctor insights on:
Good Stretches Prevent Plantar Fasciitis
No: The current stretching exercises that are recommended for PF are really for stretching the calf muscles and Achilles tendon and can be useful for those. With few exceptions, stretching the PF is not helpful, and I do not recommend it. A stretched PF will give poor support to your foot arch, and cause further problems for you in the future. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Common condition: Plantar fasciitis is a very common condition and its treatment centers around reducing the inflammation to the area. Treatment can take many different directions: nsaids like Motrin (etc), liniments, massage, stretching exercises, night splint, better shoes/inserts, orthotics (you can not get this at a stores scanner), steroid injections, laser therapy or physical therapy. Very few need surgery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Treatment options: In addition to shoes themselves... Treat w/ rest, ice massage, otc anti-inflammatories, & stretching the foot/ heel throughout the day. Make sure you are wearing shoes w/ an appropriate amount of arch support... Consider wearing night splints... Prp or steriod injections may be considered after the above options. For more information please see ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What else can cause heel pain other than plantar fasciitis. Back and bottom heel pain. Feels good in am. Worse as day goes on.?
Nerves, tendons...: The most common cause of heel pain is plantar fasciitis, but there are others, too. An irritated or entraped nerve can cause pain as the day goes on, as can tendinitis: the three most common being achilles, peroneal, or posterior tibial tendinitis. You may also have a haglund's deformity: a bony bump that can irritate the achilles from the inside. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Use an orthotic in : The volleyball shoes....Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will sleeping in good shoes or boots help plantar fasciitis
- Is a stationary bike good exercise when you have plantar fasciitis?
- Any good stretches prevent sesamoiditis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Plantar fasciitis numb toes
- How long does it take to recover from plantar fasciitis surgery?
- How to make a night splint for plantar fasciitis?
- I have plantar fasciitis will i need crutches
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online