Doctor insights on:
Good Pimple Treatment
No, better options: No, acnotin or Accutane has been used in the past and has displayed great sucess with cystic acne but is now highly regulated due to side effects including birth defects in children from pregancy and increased tryglycerides. It is still being prescribed but only by registered physicians within certain specialties. Other options such as anitbiotics are much safer. ...Read more
Been medicated by roaccutane(20mg), vital e+c(450mg) and mastel20mg for my pimple treatment.I skipped one day and took double the next day.Is thr prob?
Not really: If you miss a dose again, don't double up. ...Read more
Acne Treatment: Benzoyl peroxide is one of the most effective over-the-counter treatments for acne. It is a disinfectant that can penetrate into the hair follicle, killing the bacteria that cause blemishes. Benzoyl peroxide can, however, dry out the skin. Consumers should therefore start with the lowest dosage possible (2.5 percent) once a day and increase in frequency and concentration only as needed. ...Read more
Acne therapy: If your acne doesn't respond to otc treatments, consider seeing a doctor or dermatologist to get a stronger prescription lotion. Tretinoin (avita, retin-a, others), Adapalene (differin) and tazarotene (tazorac, avage) are examples of topical prescription products derived from vitamin a. They work by promoting cell turnover and preventing plugging . You may also need oral antibiotics like doryx. ...Read more
I did a pimple treatment which left marks in my face...like its really red all over...i have to attend a wedding in two days...how can i clear my skin?
Red marks: To paraphrase, anyone who tells you they can rid you of acne overnight is selling something. Acne is a problem of months and years. There is no quick fix. There are good treatments to be had at every drugstore starting with benzoyl peroxide creams and mild cleansers. Irritated skin will need makeup: coverup/touchup cream if a perfect complexion is needed in two days. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it good to combine prozac with wellbutrin for treatment of depression?
- Pimple in ear canal treatment
- Are cinnamon powder and honey good for pimples and spots on the face?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a good antibiotic for cellulitis following the i v antibiotic treatment?
- How to restore good bacteria after antibiotic treatment?
- Are there any skincare products from origins good treatment for eczema?
- Is hydrogen peroxide a good treatment for an outer ear infection?
- Talk to a dermatologist online