Doctor insights on:
Good Nutrition For Long Distance Runners
Plantar fasciatis: There are several problems runners can develop from blisters to fractures. ...Read more
Interesting question: but it may be more appropriate for a site that focuses on athletics. ...Read more
Endurance athletes: Endurance athletes burn a lot of calories and build lean muscle. ...Read more
Do frozen vegetables have the same nutritional aspects as normal vegetables? Or because they're frozen they no longer have any value?
They should: If fresh frozen they should.Get a more detailed answer ›
If you have a good nutritional diet does it make your skin look healthier and generally nicer, and what is a good balance of food types to eat?
Good balance: 5-7 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. 3-5 ounces of lean meat, chicken or fish as protein, or eggs, or 1 cup of milk. Complex carbohydrates in the form of whole grains, should make up 1/4 of your plate servings. 1/2 your plate should be fresh fruits and or vegetables. And 1/4 of your plate should be protein. Beans and legumes are also healthy carbohydrates. Avoid too much fat, fried foods. ...Read more
Nutrition: The best advice is to eat a healthy balanced diet. With that said, increasing the amount of protein can help tremendously with wound healing. There are many other suggestions for wound healing, but little else has been proven --in scientific terms-- to absolutely benefit the patient. Some of these other things are the use of additional zinc, vitamin c, specific combination of amino acids, etc. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Long distance runners diet plan
- Reasons to date a long distance runner
- Sprinters vs long distance runners
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are townie bikes good for long distance?
- Why does a long distance runner need more protein calcium?
- Hip stress fracture recovery limp long distance runner
- Best foods for distance runners
- Good eating habits for long distance runners