Doctor insights on:
Good Heart Rate While Exercising
Exercising several years, good shape & good diet, 28 years old. Heart rate remains around 77-78 despite exercise. Blood pressure down recently 108/75?
I consider myself in relatively good shape but after a workout it takes my heart rate over an hour to get below 100 bpm should I be concerned?
Heart rate recovery : That's a long time to fall. Check with your doc to see if there's a problem. ...Read more
I have a resting heart rate of 90 during the day. I'm 283 lbs and chew .I workout out cardio 4 x per week . Ekg good. Should i be worried?
Depends: Slow heart rate resting is not harmful and may indicate an athletic (healthy) physiology. Hr should increase, at least relatively, with exercise - failure to increase is a sign of conduction system disease (chronotropic incompetence). If associated with progressive loss of exercise capacity, treatment may be indicated. This can all be determined easily on a treadmill stress test. ...Read more
Depends: If unable to augment the hr appropriately, this would be not beneficial. However if the hr stays low because the person is highly conditioned, then the slow hr suggest a good condition. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Rapid heart rate while exercising
- Fluctuating heart rate while exercising
- What is a healthy heart rate while exercising?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a dangerous heart rate while exercising?
- What is an average kids heart rate while exercising?
- High heart rate while exercising for teenage boys
- What is an unfit persons heart rate while exercising?
- Talk to a cardiologist online