Doctor insights on:
Good Heart Rate While Exercising
I consider myself in relatively good shape but after a workout it takes my heart rate over an hour to get below 100 bpm should I be concerned?
Heart rate recovery : That's a long time to fall. Check with your doc to see if there's a problem. ...Read more
I have a resting heart rate of 90 during the day. I'm 283 lbs and chew .I workout out cardio 4 x per week . Ekg good. Should i be worried?
May want to ease up: a little bit. 100-170 beats per minute is approximately 50-85% of your maximal heart rate (known as target heart rate). Your maximum heart rate is calculated by 220 minus your age which it looks like you are close to reaching when you are exercising which means you are probably pushing a little too hard. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Slow heart rate resting is not harmful and may indicate an athletic (healthy) physiology. Hr should increase, at least relatively, with exercise - failure to increase is a sign of conduction system disease (chronotropic incompetence). If associated with progressive loss of exercise capacity, treatment may be indicated. This can all be determined easily on a treadmill stress test. ...Read more
Depends: If unable to augment the hr appropriately, this would be not beneficial. However if the hr stays low because the person is highly conditioned, then the slow hr suggest a good condition. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Sudden rapid heart rate while exercising
- What is an unfit persons heart rate while exercising?
- High heart rate while exercising for teenage boys
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the implications of being in your target heart rate zone while exercising?
- For how long do you maintain the target heart rate while exercising
- Fluctuating heart rate while exercising
- Do i burn less fat if my heart rate is too high while exercising?
- Talk to a cardiologist online