Doctor insights on:
Good Alternatives To Penicillin
Doxycycline: Doxycycline for 2-4 weeks is recommended if penicillin cannot be given, or sometimes ceftriaxone. However, penicillin is by far the best drug. If you had a severe penicillin allergy in the past, then probably penicillin should be avoided. Otherwise, it still might be the best choice for you. Discuss it with your doctor or, even better, an infectious diseases or STD specialist. ...Read more
Cold remedies: And stomach remedies may be taken with penicilin ...Read more
I know there are alternatives for penicillin, but why dos we not use the others? Are there problems with them, or? (it's for a school projekt)
Antibiotics: There are numerous classes of antibiotics. Penicillins and cephalosporins are called beta-lactam antibiotics and affect the cell walls of certain bacteria. Sometimes bacteria will develop resistance to these drugs and there are usually other alternatives that can be employed, although this is a very complicated subject. Chec wiki.Answers.Com › categories › health › medication and drugs. Good luck. ...Read more
I have a skin infection and need an antibiotic but allergic to penicillin? What antibiotic is good?
Depends: It would depend on the type of penicillin allergy you had and the type of skin infection. If you just had a rash from penicillin and you do not have an MRSA infection cephalosporins like Keflex would be fine. If immediate hypersensitivity to penicillin, clindamycin, Doxycycline or septra (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) would be options. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Natural vitamin alternatives to penicillin
- Alternative treatments for penicillin allergy
- Antibiotic alternatives for penicillin allergies
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there good alternative therapies for cataplexy?
- Are there good alternative therapies for proctitis?
- Are there good alternative therapies for enterocele?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online