Doctor insights on:
Golytely Constipation Will Cramps
Peg is the basis of a number of laxatives (i.e. Polyethylene glycol 3350, or miralax). Whole bowel irrigation with polyethylene glycol and added electrolytes is used for bowel preparation before surgery or colonoscopy. The preparation is sold under the brand names golytely, gavilyte c, nulytely, glycolax, fortrans, trilyte, among others. ...Read more
Went to ER due to severe constipation. Was prescribed 4 L of GoLytely. Have had 56oz over 3 hrs & no BM yet. Is this normal to have not gone yet?
What do I do with repeated constipation? I have been to a gastrointestinal specialist and he prescribed polyethylene glycol 3350, nf powder to be taken twice daily. I see some difference but every time i eat some fast food, i get back to the constipation.
Change your diet and: Fluids. Eat a high fiber diet between 20-25 grams per day, regular meal times and drink 80-100 oz of caffeine free alcohol free fluids daily. If you exercise and should add 20 oz per 30 minutes of strenuous exercise. Some meds contribute to constipation so take the meds with full glass of fluid instead of a sip in addition to the above recommended fluids. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
YES: Yes it can.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will golytely help severe constipation
- Can constipation cause menstrual like cramps?
- Can constipation feel like menstrual cramps?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to get rid of constipation cramps?
- Will aleve help menstrual cramps
- Is there a multivitamin i can take that will not cause constipation?
- Lower back pain constipation cramps painful bowel movement periods
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online