Doctor insights on:
Going Off Lantus
I am currently taking 27 units of lantus BID. If I were to switch to Trujeo what would my dosage be?
Consult with your Dr: That is a question best left to your treating doctor. There are many factors to consider when switching medications including wether or not it is in your best interest to do so. Make an appointment and discuss your questions with your doctor. ...Read more
Great combination: Hi. Yes, they work great in combination, and I prescribe the two of them together all the time! To your tight control! ...Read more
65 year old type 2 diabetic 80units of lantus@ bed time . What happens if i forget to take it one night? I ran out can I wait till tomorrow?
Resume ASAP: Although Lantus (insulin glargine) has no peak and long 24 hour duration of action it would be best not to miss your normally scheduled dose for too long. Make sure you get in touch with your doctor asap for a refill and / or samples! if you need help with the cost, you might find a coupon online. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Basal insulin: 40% of the Insulin a pancreas makes is done constantly and the other 60% is done to respond to your carbohydrate ingestion(when you eat). Lantus (insulin glargine) is the first Insulin that was design to take care of that 40% because it is designed to work over 24 hrs without any peak in action minimizing low blood sugar reactions. ...Read more
Yes: But a consistent regimen is recommended. Preferably before bedtime. ...Read more
If 'N' = NPH, yes: It peaks in 6-8 hours, last 10-14 hours. Lantus has mosest peaks, lasts 24 hours the amer assoc of clinical endocrinologists recommends not using nph, but longer acting basal insulin, like Insulin to obtain smoother control [often in combination with meal time short-acting insulin]. ...Read more