Doctor insights on:
Glucose Screening Test During Pregnancy
Examples are: colonoscopy for colon polyp or cancer; mammograms for breast lesions or cancer; psa a blood test that could indicate enlargement of cancerous prostate tissue; blood sugar or hemoglobin a!c for diabetes. Many think that scanning the whole body will pick up a cancer--in all likelihood, it will not. There also is no good blood test, yet, ...Read more
My wife is 12 weeks into pregnancy. She just done 2 hr glucose test & the result is 3.7 during fast and 8.3 after 2 hours.she is 30yrs old.
Depends: If you did the one-hour test, it means you need to do the definitive 3 hour test. If it was one elevation on the 3 hour test, then you are not a gestational diabetic (unless your one was a really elevated fasting glucose). It is a good idea to watch your diet and carbs if you had one elevation tho. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
THere are none: There are no low glucose levels with pregnancy gtt, only good normal levels. Hypoglycemaa doesn't occur in human beings who aren't receiving treatment for diabetes or have end stage cancer, liver or kidney failure, etc. Particularly in pregnancy, glucose normal levels are much lower than non-pregnancy, a lower number is an excellent sign, . ...Read more
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is 134 on a glucose test high during pregnancy?
- Foods to avoid before a glucose tolerance test during pregnancy
- Glucose screening test pregnancy fasting
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get a positive pregnancy test during implantation bleeding?
- Can i take a pregnancy test during implantation bleeding?
- What does a positive lupus anticoagulant test mean during pregnancy?
- Do they test for herpes during pregnancy?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online