Doctor insights on:
Glasses Prescription Make Vomit
Or worse...: Wearing contact lenses you got without a prescription puts you at risk for a very serious eye infection that could cause blindness. Contact lenses have to be fit to the eye based on the curvature of the cornea. The solution the contacts are bathed in also should be sterile, which may not be guaranteed in a non-prescription contact. ...Read more
Wearing lower refractive power nearsight prescription glasses, will this help make my eyes healthier?
Not at all: Glasses do not worsen the eye's vision. They serve to improve the vision by supplementing the prescription that your eyes need to see sharply. Reading glasses are magnifying lenses that improve the focus of eyes that can no longer focus well on their own. Our ability to focus up close decreases naturally as we age; glasses simply correct for this and don't cause it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Why not use color contact lenses with an appropriate prescription? ...Read more
Depends: Over the counter reading glasses assume both eyes are the same without astigmatic error. This is rarely the case. Frames are also designed for the "average" face and cannot be custom fit to your interpupillary distance. That being sain, there is no harm in trying a pair to see if they work for you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Contact lense prescription to glasses
- Weakest prescription glasses
- Glasses prescription cylinder
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Understanding eye glasses prescription
- How prescription glasses are made?
- Adjusting to new glasses prescription
- Is the prescription for contacts and glasses the same?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online