Doctor insights on:
Glass Sliver In Finger
See a professional: If you truly have or are suspicious that you have retained glass in your small finger and it is painful, you should seek medical attention. I would recommend seeing a hand surgeon as they are best qualified to remove either simple or deep foreign material from the hand. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Doc-in-box: Unless it is visible & grasp-able with tweezers at surface, then should go to an urgent care center for proper removal. Since it is sharp, usually on all sides, it can do more damage where it is, or to fingers attempting to remove it, if done incorrectly. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
My daugher had a glass cut on her finger about 2 yrs ago. Checked and healed fine. Now she says it still hurts and theres a light purple spot?
If glass shard is stuck in finger we'll it eventually come out or get transferred inside your body possibly lungs?
Is my finger infected?Cut it today on piece of glass opening a broken window Its a bit swollen and it hurts to bend it. Theres a white dot in middle.
A tiny glass shard is stuck in finger. Can't find it through the very small wound opening. What does a doctor do remove it? Anything to try at home?
Minor procedure: Often, a physician can make a small cut over the area of the puncture wound and dissect down to retrieve the foreign object. This would be done under a local anesthetic. I would not try this at home as it may lead to further injury or infection. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do blood vessels burst in fingers?
- Why do i keep getting cramp in my fingers and toes?
- I have pain in my left arm down to my hand with numbness in the fingers
- Numbness in middle finger right hand
- Numbness in fingers after carpal tunnel surgery
- Pain in middle finger left hand
- Broken blood vessel in finger causes
- Sharp pain in left ring finger
- Glass splinter in finger