Doctor insights on:
Glass Sliver In Finger
See a professional: If you truly have or are suspicious that you have retained glass in your small finger and it is painful, you should seek medical attention. I would recommend seeing a hand surgeon as they are best qualified to remove either simple or deep foreign material from the hand. ...Read more
Doc-in-box: Unless it is visible & grasp-able with tweezers at surface, then should go to an urgent care center for proper removal. Since it is sharp, usually on all sides, it can do more damage where it is, or to fingers attempting to remove it, if done incorrectly. ...Read more
Depends entirely: on size of glass fragment and how deeply it is imbedded. If you cannot see it, it is either too small or too deep. It is best to show it to a doctor, especially if you have any pain or redness surrounding the area. ...Read more
My daugher had a glass cut on her finger about 2 yrs ago. Checked and healed fine. Now she says it still hurts and theres a light purple spot?
Glass cut: She may still have a glass particle in her finger.'she may needxray of hand ...Read more
If glass shard is stuck in finger we'll it eventually come out or get transferred inside your body possibly lungs?
Unlikely: Unless it finds its way to a major vein, it is unlikely to travel to your lungs. It may become a chronic foreign body's and stay put or it may be eventually ejected from your body. Consider seeing a hand surgeon for removal if it bothers you. ...Read more
I cut my right ring finger open on glass about 3-4 days ago.. It is now numb, & there is a but of tissue exposed on the wound& if I touch it's pain?
See 2 more doctor answers
Sometimes red spots occurs inside my fingers and they pain like a piece of glass is inside..What would be the reason behind this?
See 1 more doctor answer
Spend most of the night with terribly itchy fingers/hands... keeps me awake hours-only happens at night to the stage I want to plunge in broken glass?
See 1 more doctor answer
- HealthTap gives you access to top U.S. certified doctors
- Our doctors are checked, verified and board certified
- Get personalized help and answers directly from the doctor
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Infected sliver in finger
- Why do blood vessels burst in fingers?
- Why do i keep getting cramp in my fingers and toes?
- I have pain in my left arm down to my hand with numbness in the fingers
- Numbness in middle finger right hand
- Numbness in fingers after carpal tunnel surgery
- Pain in middle finger left hand
- Broken blood vessel in finger causes
- Sliver of glass in finger