Doctor insights on:
Giving Aspirin To A Heart Attack Victim
1 adult aspirin: 325 mg.Get a more detailed answer ›
Hypothetically; If I were to have a heart attack would it be safe for me to take Aspirin and to keep it on me at all times?
Depends: If you already had a heart attack, chronic Aspirin therapy is recommended as the risks of bleeding outweigh the risk of having another heart attack. For primary prevention (to prevent the very first heart attack) it is only recommended for patients at high risk of having a heart attack but not everyone, as it does increase the odds of bleeding. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How can aspirin help during a heart attack? Are there any diseases/conditions where aspirin should not be taken?
Proven benefit: There is good data - old but good - showing that people having a heart attack have increased survival when given an aspirin. It is a mild blood thinner, which is how we believe it helps. During a heart attack, the only contraindication would be active bleeding. If you are taking it to prevent a heart attack, however, that is different. I'd see your doctor in that case to discuss the risks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Does 325 mg of aspirin have same protective benefits for heart attack as 81 mg ? Is one better than other?
Is it true that aspirin does not help women to prevent a heart attack? Just read that in several sites online and im worried
Yes and no: Recent large studies following women who took low dose 81 mg Aspirin over several years found that it was ineffective in preventing heart attacks but did reduce strokes in woman over 65. At the time of a heart attack or suspected heart attack it is strongly recommended that both men and women swallow two full crushed aspirins which can help dissolve blood clots in the coronary arteries. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many aspirin to take if you are having a heart attack?
- How to induce a fatal heart attack?
- How to tell the difference between a heart attack and gas?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to have a heart attack if you are 23 years old?
- How to tell the difference between asthma ans a heart attack?
- Can suicide be made to look like a heart attack?
- Is it possible to have a heart attack even if my echocardiogram is normal?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free