Doctor insights on:
Get Rid Of Upper Back Pain
Thoracic (Upper Back) Strain (Definition)
Upper back pain is discomfort or pain in the back at the level of the rib cage to the neck. While upper back pain is not as common as low back pain, the causes are often the same and include muscle strain or irritation (most common), injury to the spine leading to slipped disc or degeneration, or the pinching of a nerve in the back. ...Read more
Many Possibilities: Depending on how long it's been going on, i would consider an evaluation by a spine specialist. Sometimes it could be a muscle imbalance, early onset arthritis or scoliosis. Also could be a pinched nerve/herniated disc. Either way it might be good to figure it out and get appropriate treatment. ...Read more
Pain management: I would recommend consulting pain management; mass general would be a good option for you. There are several strategies for pain management ranging from medications, acupuncture, physical therapy, chiropractic medicine, relaxation therapy, meditation, exercise, and cognitive behavioral therapy. ...Read more
Hi, i have severe upper back pain. when i consulted the doc i found i have mild thoracic scolosis convex to the right. how can i get rid of it? HURTS!
Every time i sleep on an airbed i get upper back pain between my shoulder blades. How do I prevent this?
What can I do to prevent GI related chest and upper back pain when doing light aerobic exercise. All is well with the heart?
Unlikely: Never heard of that before. I cannot think of any reason that that might occur. If you are sweating, perhaps you are exercising and if you are overdoing it you could have pain but this is speculation on my part. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get rid of pain in neck shoulder and upper back?
- How to get rid of upper stomach pain?
- Exercises to get rid of belly fat back of upper arm fat for women
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to get rid of back and neck pain?
- How to get rid of back pain from period?
- Thoracic back exercises to get rid of pain
- How to get rid of back pain when sprinting?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free