Doctor insights on:
Gestational Diabetes What To Eat
Best to change now: It is probably most important for your baby for you to be most attentive to your diet now rather than waiting til after your baby is born. The environment in utero is very important to your baby and if your blood sugar levels are constantly high, your baby can be at risk for a number of conditions that can affect him or her at birth and thereafter. Talk with your OB on a recommended diet for now. ...Read more
Presistent increased frequency of emptying bladder, urinating, as a symptom of a disease state. 2 types: Mellitus (high blood glucose) & Insipidus (inadequate anti-diuretic hormone). In Diabetes mellitus, the far more common, glucose concentrations are ↑ed due to combination of 8 organ system changes referred to as the "ominous octet" & aggravated by intake of sugars (simple & complex ...Read more
Get sugar controlled: NO SWEETS to reduce risk to you and fetus!!! ...Read more
I wanted to know when you have gestational diabetes what is the best thing to eat first thing in morning?
Breakfast: Don't rely on the internet for this important information. Visit your doctor and a good registered dietitian to learn about your entire dietary regimen, not just one small part of it. ...Read more
Increase risk of: morbidity/ mortality of Mom, fetus, and delivered infant ...Read more
Nothing good: Your blood sugars will continue to rise and you could develop major medical issues. ...Read more
Gestational diabetes is high blood sugar that's first noticed during pregnancy. Hormones increase blood sugar levels during pregnancy. If levels get too high, it's called gestational diabetes. Some moms have had high sugars before pregnancy, but haven't been tested. That's why moms with gdm should have sugars ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to eat before gestational diabetes test?
- What not to eat if you have gestational diabetes?
- What foods to eat if you have gestational diabetes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are bananas safe to eat if you have gestational diabetes?
- Are pomegranates safe to eat if you have gestational diabetes?
- What can i eat after i deliver my baby if i have gestational diabetes?
- Is it ok to eat sweet potatoes with gestational diabetes?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free