Doctor insights on:
Gentamicin Sulfate Ointment
Gentamycin: This is an inexpensive topical skin antibiotic that is used to kill local skin infections. It might especially be used for a bacterial called pseudomonas. Antibiotic pills are often better. If used for staph bacteria, a cream called Mupirocin is a better alternative for many patients. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: not appropriate treatmentGet a more detailed answer ›
How long do I wait for a chalazion to go away? I'm using prescribed gentamicin sulfate opthalmic solution, and have been doing so for about five days
No: Gentamicin is an antibiotic. It is only effective against certain types of bacteria. Cold sores are caused by herpes simplex 1 virus. Therefore, an antiviral type of medication is required ie Denavir cream or valtrex tablets. Both require a prescription from your physician or dentist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My cat was prescribed Gentamicin Sulfate Ophthalmic Solution for his eyes. Can you suggest any alternative medicine that can buy over the counter?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can gentamicin sulfate ointment be used on burns?
- What is gentamicin sulfate ointment typically prescribed for?
- Gentamicin sulfate eye drops for pink eye
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Neomycin and polymyxin b sulfates and bacitracin zinc ointment usp
- Can you use gentamicin sulfate while pregnant?
- Gentamicin sulfate eye drops
- Bacitracin zinc and polymyxin b sulfate ophthalmic ointment
- Talk to a dermatologist online