Doctor insights on:
Gentamycin: This is an inexpensive topical skin antibiotic that is used to kill local skin infections. It might especially be used for a bacterial called pseudomonas. Antibiotic pills are often better. If used for staph bacteria, a cream called Mupirocin is a better alternative for many patients. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long do I wait for a chalazion to go away? I'm using prescribed gentamicin sulfate opthalmic solution, and have been doing so for about five days
No: not appropriate treatmentGet a more detailed answer ›
No: Gentamicin is an antibiotic. It is only effective against certain types of bacteria. Cold sores are caused by herpes simplex 1 virus. Therefore, an antiviral type of medication is required ie Denavir cream or Valtrex (valacyclovir) tablets. Both require a prescription from your physician or dentist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My cat was prescribed Gentamicin Sulfate Ophthalmic Solution for his eyes. Can you suggest any alternative medicine that can buy over the counter?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Gentamicin sulfate allergy
- Gentamicin sulfate prescribed
- Side effects of gentamicin sulfate
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Gentamicin sulfate eye drops
- Gentamicin sulfate cream
- Gentamicin sulfate eye drops for pink eye
- Does gentamicin sulfate eye drops relieve pain in the eye?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online