Doctor insights on:
No single substitute: Gentamicin is a powerful antibiotic that can have serious side effects. It is advisable to do a culture of the bacteria causing the infection and test sensitivities in the lab to see which antibiotics will be effective. Bacteria sensitive to Gentamicin will usually be sensitive to other antibiotics; then choose the safest alternative option. Avoid fluoroquinolones like Levofloxacin if possible. ...Read more
I just got given a single IV dose of gentamicin and then googled and it says it can cause ototoxicity, when will this occur if it happens? Days Weeks?
Gentamycin: This is an inexpensive topical skin antibiotic that is used to kill local skin infections. It might especially be used for a bacterial called pseudomonas. Antibiotic pills are often better. If used for staph bacteria, a cream called Mupirocin is a better alternative for many patients. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Garamycin (gentamicin) injections comes 80mg/2cc. if the order is 35mg.how many milliliters must be given?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Gentamicin allergy
- Gentamicin sulfate
- Ampicillin and gentamicin
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Alternatives to gentamicin
- Side effects of ampicillin and gentamicin
- Gentamicin sulfate allergy
- Side effects of vancomycin and gentamicin
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free