Doctor insights on:
Genetic Cause Of Klinefelter Syndrome
Chromosomal disorder: Klinefelter syndrome is also known as XXY condition. Men with this condtion have an extra x chromosome in most of their cells. Not all men with the condition have all of the symptoms described by klinefelter and many are not even aware that they have the condition. 1 in 500 men are xxy. During puberty, most males with the condition are taller with less muscular bodies and less facial hair. ...Read more
From a medical standpoint, "genetic" refers to the potential heritability of various medical conditions. While some conditions are inevitable (at some point in one's life) as a consequence of simple genetic heritability (eg huntington's disease), a large number of medical conditions (including all behaviorial health disorders) are the expressed final pathway of a ...Read more
Yes: Klinefelter syndrome is the presence of an extra x chromosome in a male (xxy instead of xy). ...Read more
XXY: IT IS THE EXTRA X chromosome in cells that lead the clinical characteristics of KS ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes klinefelter's syndrome?
- Strongest klinefelters syndrome
- How to prevent klinefelters syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Understanding klinefelter syndrome
- Mosaic klinefelter syndrome symptoms
- Klinefelter's syndrome fertility
- Klinefelter syndrome chromosome
- Talk to a pediatrician online