Doctor insights on:
Generic Name For Maalox
Immediately: Zantac (ranitidine) will decrease acid production and Maalox will help buffer the acid already in your stomach. For my patients having indigestion I usually recommend a drug like Zantac (ranitidine) taken as instructed on package insert along with an antacid like Maalox taken after each meal and at bedtime. ...Read more
I think so...: ...though it may be overkill, or not. Maalox acts very quickly, whereas ranitidine must be absorbed into the bloodstream and then travel through the circulation to the parietal cells in the stomach where it blocks the H2 receptor. Making a long story short: Maalox can provide immediate relief of dyspepsia while you're waiting for the more sustained effects of ranitidine to occur. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is floxapen a generic or brand name?
- Generic names cholesterol medicines
- Brand and generic names
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the generic name for percocet?
- What is the generic name for flonase?
- What is the generic name for norco?
- What is the generic name for morphine?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online