Doctor insights on:
Generic Name For Maalox
Immediately: Zantac will decrease acid production and Maalox will help buffer the acid already in your stomach. For my patients having indigestion I usually recommend a drug like Zantac taken as instructed on package insert along with an antacid like Maalox taken after each meal and at bedtime. ...Read more
I take dexliant 60mg at night for gerd. I have flair ups and was wondering if it was ok to take maalox for faster relief when the flair ups happen.
Be observant: Maalox contains aluminum which can complex with phosphate. Plain calcium carbonate like tums or sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) can both neutralize stomach acid. It is useful to determine what triggers flares and avoid the triggers. Sometimes doing moves to treat hiatal hernia prevents the need for anti-acids. Eating small frequent meals helps as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I think so...: ...though it may be overkill, or not. Maalox acts very quickly, whereas ranitidine must be absorbed into the bloodstream and then travel through the circulation to the parietal cells in the stomach where it blocks the H2 receptor. Making a long story short: Maalox can provide immediate relief of dyspepsia while you're waiting for the more sustained effects of ranitidine to occur. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm 9 weeks preganant and would like to know if i can take an anti acid of maalox for the nausau? If i can't what can I take to help
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is generic oxycontin a reliable substitute for the brand name drug?
- What are the most common generic names for methylphenidate?
- What is the generic name for morphine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the generic name for flonase?
- List of generic substitutes for brand name drugs
- What is the generic name for percocet?
- Generic name for diovan hct
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online