Doctor insights on:
General Anesthesia For Wisdom Teeth Removal
It is your choise : Wisdom teeth surgery routinely done in the dentist's or oral surgeon's office. The appropriate anesthesia for your surgery is the key for success. It depends on the complexity of the wisdom tooth extraction(s) and your own comfort level. After the surgery you will receive instruction and medication for speedy recovery and healing. Rec.: choose an experience dentist or an oral surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I.v. sedation: The best course of action is to discuss the anesthesia plan with your anesthesia doctor prior to surgery. Wisdom tooth extraction can be done safely and pain free with I.V. Sedation, without the need for a breathing tube. General anesthesia for wisdom tooth extraction will require a breathing tube and because of this can be associated with additional risks. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: Local anesthetic is always the safest. However, for healthy people, anesthesia procedures in an oral surgeon's office is statistically very safe. Most surgeons use a deep sedation or general anesthetic technique. In my office, general anesthesia is preferred because i can use medications that are short acting and make you feel good and alert instead of nauseated and sleepy afterwards. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Several Choices: The decision of what type of anesthesia to use is based on the difficulty of the surgery and the type of patient involved. There are several choices such as local anesthesia, nitrous oxide along with local, IV sedation (twilight sleep) and general anesthesia. The best method for you should be discussed with your oral surgeon after he has examined you and evaluated your case. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I.v. sedation vs. general anesthesia for wisdom teeth removal
- Wisdom teeth removal general anesthesia
- General anesthesia for wisdom teeth extraction
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Wisdom teeth removal sedation or general anesthesia
- Wisdom teeth removal iv sedation or general anesthesia
- How long until numbness goes away after wisdom teeth removal anesthesia?
- What pain reliever is used for wisdom teeth removal?
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free