Doctor insights on:
Do you know if there are less toxic chemotherapeutic agents than gemzar and carboplatin for treating bladder cancer?
Bladder cancer: You need to speak to the oncologist (P) involved with the care of the patient. There are 4 different types of bladder cancer and the treatment the patient is currently on may be the best and/or only choice. Speak to the O caring for the patient for information as to why the O chose those drugs, as the O knows the patient the best and can give you a meaningful response. Good luck. ...Read more
Gemzar carbo chemotherapy can cause leg edema for how long it will last after treatment is finished?
Rare: It is not common, but if does it should resolve in few days after chemo i believe. ...Read more
Less neuropathy: Unlike taxol, gemcitabine does not cause neuropathy. It can cause low platelets. It can also cause fluid retention. Also it is usually given 2 weeks on and 1 week off. Unlike taxol which typically is given weekly. That is about it in regards to the difference. Hope this helps. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does the chemo drug gemzar raise blood sugar in a diabetic?
- Are steroids given as a premed to gemzar?
- Gemzar and carboplatin side effects
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pros and cons taxol gemzar xeloda
- Gemzar and tarceva food interactions side effects
- Gemzar along with carboplatin effectiveness
- Results of gemzar therapy for pancreatic cancer
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free