Doctor insights on:
Gatorade Cause Heart Flutter
Abnormalities/Damage: Abnormalities or damage to the structure of your heart are the most common. However there are other causes: heart attacks, high blood pressure, stress, an overactive thyroid gland, medications, caffeine, lung diseases, viral infections, and/or previous heart surgeries. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Well we hate to say never in medicine, but i never heard of heat causing atrial flutter. Perhaps if you were overheated you could get symptoms of your heart skipping, but I am talking about the rhythm called atrial flutter. There are many causes such as hypertension, overactive thyroid, valve problems, and alcohol, but not heat to my knowlege. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Atrial fibrillation, one of the most rhythm disturbances, can be caused by alcohol, and when people get it after binging it has been called "holiday heart." it usually occurs after larger doses of alcohol, and would indicate drinking at unsafe levels. Safe levels are less than 7 drinks per week in women, and no more than 3 drinks on any drinking occasion. If you drink more than this, talk to md. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
New data: There is new data that suggests that long term endurance athletes are at increased risk for atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter later in life, possibly due to stretching of the top chambers of the heart. But this is far from conclusive, and a healthy lifestyle is still known as the best way to prevent heart disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cause heart flutter arm numbness
- Could hormonal imbalance and periods cause heart flutter
- Hiatal hernia cause heart fluttering
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Indigestion cause heart fluttering or
- Can heart flutter be caused by chemo and menopause?
- Does being over weight cause heart flutter?
- Hormonal periods cause heart flutter
- Talk to a cardiologist online