Doctor insights on:
Gastric Ulcers Causes
I'm having blood in my stool. I have peptic and gastric ulcers caused by a pill overdose in 2010. Any home remedies for this? I
Colonoscopy showed a cecal ulcer. What is a cecal ulcer, and can it be caused by long term NSAID use(like a gastric ulcer)?
Yes: cecal ulcer is ulcer in the cecum of your colon, where the small intestine and appendix attach. NSAIDs are the most common cause of isolated ulcer in this location, and agree ur meds naproxen, motrin and asa are likely culprits. It's not a local effect, so you can also form ulcers elsewhere including stomach while on these medications. Key is rehab/therapy for ur back. Happy to consult further. ...Read more
What could cause hydronephrosis of 1 kidney without stones or uti, rbcs 0-5 in urinalysis. Hx of GI issues, gastric ulcers, chronic gastritis?
Can Suboxone cause or worsen bleedning ulcers? I am one year post op gastic bypass and have now developed them. Am I still okay to use suboxn?
Yes: have not seen the bleeding ulcer problem especially if using the film instead of the tablet You should be fine to use ...Read more
What Works: Lots of various foods choices long promoted but little scientific evidence any really work. The larger issues are internal controls of micro-erosions, presence/resistance to heliobacter pylori bacteria (can be hard to eradicate ; can recur), ingestion of nsaids ; other irritants, internal controls of local blood flow, emotions, etc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does coffee cause gastric ulcers?
- Bleeding ulcers caused from gastric bypass surgery
- Can gastric bypass surgery cause a stomach ulcer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does helicobacter pylori cause gastric ulcers in humans?
- Gastric ulcers symptoms and treatment
- Treating gastric ulcers
- Risk factors for gastric ulcers
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online