Doctor insights on:
Likely safe: There is little evidence that eating garlic is acutely dangerous for a person with reflux disease. However, many people find that garlic increases their symptoms. On the other hand, some people believe that garlic is good for their condition. An individual may have to rely on their own response with regard to garlic. ...Read more
I hv severe GERD. Can a beer, some olives and garlic bread with empty stomac cause smkind of strange feeling, sudden BP raise and heart rate raise?
Upset stomach: This is more likely to be gerd. All those foods do irritate the stomach and cause bloating this aggravates gerd. ...Read more
Maybe: Gerd is usually controlled with lifestyle changes and medication. There are some who are "cured" with certain surgical procedures which don't allow the stomach contents to reflux up into the esophagus. See your pcp or a gastroenterologist or a surgeon who specializes in this area. Surgery is usually reserved for those who cannot get control with medications or have other reasons. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the surgery for gerd?
- Is gerd dangerous?
- Discharge smells like garlic
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Garlic ginger apple cider vinegar honey
- Eating raw garlic on empty stomach
- Garlic cures chlamydia
- Advantages and disadvantages of eating garlic
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free