Doctor insights on:
Periods And Gardasil Shots
No relationship: Just because the Gardasil shot prevents infection by viruses that cause genital warts and some cervical cancers doesn't mean Gardasil has any effects on menstrual periods, pms, sex, pregnancy, etc... The vaccine has no relationship to menstrual periods. The shot is given in the arm, and the antibodies are made by the immune system to offer protection throughout the body, not just at the genitals. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My daughter has not had a period in years and I attribute this from Gardasil as I have also read this is happening to many young women.
Hi I was wondering if I took the vaccine gardasil for HPV in 2008 how long does it take to wear off and do I need to get another shot again?
Partial protection: Because the research studies were done with 3 doses of gardasil, it is not known how much antibody protection, and for how many years, a person would have with just one shot. There should be some protection. New studies are being done, especially for developing countries (due to the high cost of the vaccine), to see if just one or two doses are adequately protective. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Same as any vaccine: Gardasil is a newer vaccine and is as safe as the meningitis, hepatitis, or flu shots. Gardasil has similar side effects, too. Some people get mild arm soreness, slight fever or headache, etc... Gardasil is an anti-cancer vaccine (in the U.S., 3000-4000 women die each year from cervical cancer, now a vaccine-preventable disease). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Late period gardasil shot
- Is it normal to have late period when having a gardasil shot?
- What happens if you only get one gardasil shot and refuse the other two?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get the depo-provera shot while on your period?
- Period after hcg shot
- Can hcg weight loss shots make your period late?
- Does hcg shot delay period?
- Talk to a pediatrician online