Doctor insights on:
Fusion Of A Toe Joint
Expect: A fusion is the removal of a joint and usually using a pin to achieve bony fusion resulting in a straight toe. There will be no joint where there once was one and thus no motion . It is an acceptable compromise for a joint/toe position that was painful. Please consult your surgeon for any and all questions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A fusion gets rid of a joint or disk between to bones, getting the bones to join together with bone between them. If successful, it eliminates almost all the motion between the bones. Sometimes fusion simply occur as a result of disease, rarely from aging. Most of the time ...Read more
You see a dr: Xrays, clinical exam and possibly blood work may be done to help find the etiology of your pain. ...Read more
Need more info: What is it split from, why was it split. ...Read more
The joint under my big toe and my big toe hurt all the time, what can I do to address this problem?
Had hammertoe fixed. Toe and joint shortened and a k wire put in. The k wire caught sock/came out after 3 weeks. Can it damage the repair? Is it ok
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does the inside of my big toe joint itch a lot?
- Fusion of big toe joint recovery
- Fusion of the big toe joint
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What kind of a doctor should i see for joint pain in my hand?
- I get a strange calluses on the tops of my big toes
- Can a lack of thyroxine cause joint pain?
- Symptoms of a torn tendon in the big toe
- Talk to a orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon online for free