Doctor insights on:
Fruit Juice In Diet
refers to all the physical matter humans (like all living creatures) must take in on a recurring basis; only partially for energy. Like all life on planet humans are open systems which keep tearing down their structure & require intake of atoms/molecules from which to rebuild their structure. Intestinal lining cells replaced ~every 3 days. CaPO4 in bones ~every 6 years, ...Read more
It depends: If you're treating a low blood sugar, 4 oz of oj or apple juice will do a great job. On the flip side, juice is nothing more than sugar and really has no other role in nutrition whether one has diabetes or not. It's difficult to manage blood sugars when juice is taken in outside of treating lows because it causes a surge in blood sugar that lasts a short time, then a crash (if prone to lows). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Glycemic Load: Gaining weight with any form of sugar is a function of how much Insulin is released when sugar gets into your blood stream. Insulin produces the fat. So a great tool is to research the glycemic index (GI) of food and become familiar with the glycemic load that combines the. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Fruit juice
- Can you lose weight on a diet consisting of fruit vegetable juices?
- Fruit vs fruit juice nutrition
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Fruit juices that are good for you
- Increasing fairness with fruit juice
- Fresh fruit juice for acne
- Is fruit juice a cholesterol reducer?
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free