Doctor insights on:
For How Long Can The Pink Eye Virus Live On Bed Sheets
It depends: Pink eye describes an eye that appears red or pinkish. Most cases of "pink eye" are either allergic or viral. Sometimes they van be bacterial or toxic reactions to irritants or to some eye drops. Viral pink eye is usually due to an adenovirus.The virus can live not only in tear fluid and conjunctiva but also on magazines, newspapers and even bed sheets for up to a day. See your eye md promptly. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long does the pink eye virus stay infectious on objects? I'm specifically thinking of my children's toys, especially their stuffed animals. My son has pink eye, and we're trying to avoid my daughter getting it, so i'm not allowing them to share toys r
There : There are several different viruses that can cause pink eye. In general i would say a few days. Some viruses can likely live longer. The scientific studies on this subject seem to be all over the place. Regardless, this points out the hand washing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can be serious: You are right that most pink eyes are allergic or viral. But if you vision is changed, there is pain, or pus discharge, then you might have a bacterial infection that needs your ophthalmologist to look at. ...Read more
- How long can pink eye live on bed sheets?
- How long does a stomach virus live on clothing or bed sheets?
- How long can pink eye live on surfaces?
- How long can the flu virus live on a surface?
- How long can pink eye live on a surfaces?
- How long can ecoli the bacteria live on a surface?
- How long does the pink eye bacteria live?
- How long can the distal joint on my finger be swollen for?
- How long is the recovery time for cataract surgery on one eye?
- What eye drops are good for dry eyes and how long can you use the drops?