Doctor insights on:
For How Long Can The Pink Eye Virus Live On Bed Sheets
It depends: Pink eye describes an eye that appears red or pinkish. Most cases of "pink eye" are either allergic or viral. Sometimes they van be bacterial or toxic reactions to irritants or to some eye drops. Viral pink eye is usually due to an adenovirus.The virus can live not only in tear fluid and conjunctiva but also on magazines, newspapers and even bed sheets for up to a day. See your eye md promptly. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
For 3 weeks I've had a pink eye/sore throat virus. Pink eye was gone for a while but has come back full force. Is that normal? How much longer? :(
Have it checked: I think adenovirus when I hear of pink eye/throat issues. This virus can cause eye redness for up to 14 days in some. The virus basically can strip the thin top lining of the eye off leaving it vulnerable to secondary infection/pain. Antibiotics don't help but may be used to reduce a second infection. I would see an MD this week to see what the cause is. Good luck! ...Read more
Have a virus - pink eye going away but now I have bad pain in throat (feels like a shard of glass) in same spot for few days. Is that from the virus?
Strep test: should be done. The sore throat is most likely due to the virus which caused the pink eye. However, both could be due to Strep. It is not unusual for Strep to cause conjunctivitis (pink eye). It is a good idea to have a Strep test done when you have a sore throat. Left untreated for >7 days, Strep throat can cause rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease. It is just not worth the risk. ...Read more
Pink eye: Most pink eyes are caused by viruses with a lifespan of 3 to 10 days. Bacterial infections in adults usually follow trauma and surgery. If bacterial, the infection usually can be overcome in 3-6 days with antibiotic therapy. If present beyond this time, revisit your ophthalmologist to assess. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- How long can pink eye live on bed sheets?
- How long does a stomach virus live on clothing or bed sheets?
- How long can pink eye live on surfaces?
- How long can the flu virus live on a surface?
- How long can pink eye live on a surfaces?
- How long can ecoli the bacteria live on a surface?
- How long does the pink eye bacteria live?
- How long can the distal joint on my finger be swollen for?
- How long is the recovery time for cataract surgery on one eye?
- What eye drops are good for dry eyes and how long can you use the drops?