Doctor insights on:
For How Long Can The Pink Eye Virus Live On Bed Sheets
Quite some time: Pink eye is caused by the same virus responsible for the common cold (adenovirus). Although it is the most contagious infection, it is usually self-limited and clears within 2 weeks. Left on an inanimate object like sheets or a door handle, the virus can last anywhere up to 10 or more hours. If someone has pink eye, they sohuld not share utensils or linens and should use alcohol cleansers often. ...Read more
For 3 weeks I've had a pink eye/sore throat virus. Pink eye was gone for a while but has come back full force. Is that normal? How much longer? :(
Have it checked: I think adenovirus when I hear of pink eye/throat issues. This virus can cause eye redness for up to 14 days in some. The virus basically can strip the thin top lining of the eye off leaving it vulnerable to secondary infection/pain. Antibiotics don't help but may be used to reduce a second infection. I would see an MD this week to see what the cause is. Good luck! ...Read more
Have a virus - pink eye going away but now I have bad pain in throat (feels like a shard of glass) in same spot for few days. Is that from the virus?
Strep test: should be done. The sore throat is most likely due to the virus which caused the pink eye. However, both could be due to Strep. It is not unusual for Strep to cause conjunctivitis (pink eye). It is a good idea to have a Strep test done when you have a sore throat. Left untreated for >7 days, Strep throat can cause rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease. It is just not worth the risk. ...Read more
- How long can pink eye live on bed sheets?
- How long does a stomach virus live on clothing or bed sheets?
- How long can pink eye live on surfaces?
- How long can the flu virus live on a surface?
- How long can pink eye live on a surfaces?
- How long can ecoli the bacteria live on a surface?
- How long does the pink eye bacteria live?
- How long can the distal joint on my finger be swollen for?
- How long is the recovery time for cataract surgery on one eye?
- What eye drops are good for dry eyes and how long can you use the drops?