Doctor insights on:
For How Long After A Plasma Donation Should Not Work Out
Rest of the day: Thank you for your donation - or for considering being a donor. We need more people to be so generous. People who are healthy enough to be accepted for blood, plasma or platelet donation should tolerate it well. However, since some fluid is removed, they should probably not do strenuous activity for the rest of the day and be sure to drink (non-alcoholic liquids) generously. ...Read more
How long after taking Flagyl can I donate plasma? It has been over 48 hours since my last dose of 500mg t two per day.
You're good: Flagyl has an elimination half-life of 8 hours. That is, the concentration of the drug in your blood is 1/2 the maximum concentration 8 hours after the pill is taken. A drug is considered to be completely out of your body after 5 half-lifes, which would mean Flagyl should be completed out of your blood 40 hours after your last dose. ...Read more
No need to wait: There is no need to wait. You can donate plasma any time.. ...Read more
I take high doses of gabapentin which causes my heartrate to go from 85 to 110-130. It's the only drug I take and it's listed as a side effect. My blood work is good. Is is ok if I donate plasma since I no longer take gabapentin and my heartrate has been
Reduction in blood: Volume. Different people react differently to blood/plasma donation due to loss of blood volume. Try drinking a lot of water and eating salty snacks before donation. ...Read more
Safe: Blood banks go through a thorough evaluation before taking any blood or plasma. The donation process is generally safe and i applaud you for considering this charitable act. There is discomfort of needle stick and you may need to rest for a few hours after donation and drink plenty of water. ...Read more
Not recommended: Red Cross and many facilities in US will not accept products from pay-for-donate locations. This is due to the concern that a potential donor might not be totally honest in the history questions if seeking $$ and this could contaminate the blood supply. Volunteer donors have no motivation to not provide direct answers. ...Read more
No: I see no correlation.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should i wait to return to work after a laparoscopy for endometriosis?
- How long should i wait to work out after a knee injury?
- How long should i rest before going for work after a normal cardiac angiogram?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after a meal should i work out?
- How long should it take for a pinched nerve to heal after the pressure is off?
- How long should i wait to return to work after a fever?
- How long will i be out of work after surgery for an anal fistula?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free